Monday 11 April 2011

the washateria

I can't get it clean
This unseen stain,
Perhaps I should refrain
From staring
Caring that it exists,
Consist of irresponsible
Remorse.

My mother taught me
That paying attention
To men intentions
Was the explicit instruction
Of a woman,
I learnt this while still tied
To the umbillicus.

Often I were fastidious
In my work,
Would not shirk request
No even if
It created less of me
To free from this circle.

I turn in a decreasing
Circumference of living,
Sinning sanity and staining
Innocence.
Now my mother is irritated-'
More inflamed
While I am shamed at my
Success.

I have all the money I could need
But won't buy a washer
To clean my dirty laundry
At home,
And though they stone me
As I walk along the street
I cannot retreat into shadows.

so I sit, watching the problem
Through the wet, wash, rinse
Spin cycle,
Knowing there is no repentance,
I forlorn at the washateria
Watching my reflection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment