Monday 11 April 2011

acquiescent in essence

Splitters of you penetrate
spitefully under the tips
of my fingers,
I have tried gnawing you out
freeing you from the confines
of my alabaster flesh.

I used to be supple,
now an intransient supplicant
washed out over blackened print
of divinities frail words,
where has forever gone

It is here with you,
                                captive.

I was to be your lover
under swathes of pale
blue Caribbean water.

The body remains
peacefully muted
on a bed of palm fronds,
lips parted
as if waiting for a final breath.

I wanted to bury her
beneath the sand,
you said there wasn't time,
eager to feed a hunger.

My tears are lost,
stolen by the sea
lapping at my feet
too much salt upon my tongue.

Am I cured;
                no,
simply raw beneath the surface

Laid in the crook of your arm
eyes closed against a day
fearful of the sight of you,
my courage prefers the shade
of long drunken nights

Whispers roll as waves
across browning skin
hers or mine
I cannot tell the difference anymore.

We always were
acquiescent in essence

0 comments:

Post a Comment