Tuesday 12 April 2011

letters of apology

Haemoglobin gloats,
floats upon the water
my son
crouches on the periphery
between life and
here -
my void of being.

blankness...blankness

should he burn,
his skin peel
to be reborn
in the arms of another woman,
a mother.

These are my questions...

through shadows
I crave
heat,
warmth to cast
deep long shards of sunlight
over translucent skin.
Fever breaks as cold sweats,
rolling over the bow
of a ghost ship

Twenty-seven thousand miles
I shall crawl,
bare boned over grains of sand
carved sharply
to torture my journey
back to you,
always you,
laid sleeping on my chest

Penance.

He is my gravity,
my natural phenomenon.
Through my feet
I shall drive
two twelve inch nails
to keep me grounded.

My apologies
scatter far
and wide,
across the vista from our porch
and I know
they are meaningless
scraps of paper
in my absence.

0 comments:

Post a Comment