Tuesday 16 August 2011

cuts to bone

When it cuts to the bone how does it feel...
                ...I can't recall - I am all bone...
...are you constantly bleeding...
                ...only marrow and memories

There is an impromptu interlude
of improvised music,
a voice lilting into a groove
fashioned from off key notes,
 crooning sounds of inhumane behaviour
spun from fibres and redden tissue
rubbed too hard
for too long so its shine has
worn to a mottled russet.

She can be seen no longer (as herself)
 flesh painted with fingerprints,
                there is no Botticelli touch
brush strokes have been hard
                heavy with a pummelling motion
until purple pools
at the surface,
they say there  are four thousand tears to weep
under lace and sounds of Puccini

If we (I am, I do) feel the raging passion of perversion
laid out across an abdomen
scars open to the air
who will pick over the remains,
                I fear I cannot stay here long enough
to hold onto myself (lovingly)
without holding my head under water
                beyond the count of one hundred

After years of solitude...there is an urge to breathe you
back to life
allow you to do it all again.
                They say...it must be so

I have been to Venus
                and back
but fear I have lost myself somewhere in the middle,
I am reaching my own event horison
laying hererupturing thoughts,
                should have known better
than to stand my ground,
there was a delicate intricacy
in the beauty of uncertainty.

0 comments:

Post a Comment